I'm looking at getting a Komatsu SVL-90 for forestry work around my acreage. I know it is a relatively new machine but I would appreciate any opinions from those who have some familiarity with it to comment on pertinent positive and negative features. Thanks! Randy
Do you mean Kubota svl 90? I've got mixed feeling on this machine. Good points: very powerful push, very stable even loading trucks at max lift height, nice roomy cab, nice highflow operation, heavy duty undercarriage,just all around nice platform, rear tie down points double as protection for engine cover. Just for example current job had I think 25yd scrapers dumping in front of foundation to be backfilled and I was able to push sideways through rows down to grade in one pass. Bad points: hard on fuel, after dumping material engine will bog while lowering boom and curling bucket at same time, very annoying, very very annoying. Not sure if the symptom is just my machine, I've been keeping my eye out for others with similar complaints and fixes but non seen so far
Kubota yes.....excuse the brain fart. Thanks for the review. Fuel is not a huge issue since it is for personal rather than continuous use. I don't expect to be racking up thousands of hours. Performance is definitely more important. I too would be interested to see if your complaint about the engine bogging is an endemic problem.
I have a SVL-90 series 1 with 30 hours on it mostly with a extreme duty 84" root grapple. All I can say is the machine is awesome. It is very comfortable plenty power and amazingly responsive. I found the last one in Texas without the DPF and related EPA crap! Typical Kubota quality second to none. Legdoc
I'm glad to hear that you like your machine so much. Mine has all the extra EPA crap but what the heck. I can't wait to use this thing. The only problem is that I'm worried about is the weight of the machine. I have a GMC 2500HD with diesel with a towing capacity of 12000lb. With trailer I think this thing is going to be over.