Good Morning, I just purchased a Komatsu Track Loader Model D20S-6. Dumb, I know, but I ran it out of fuel. Question: How do I bleed the fuel system? I have located a plunger/pump that is approximately 1.25” in diameter that unscrews and can then be pumped. I have filled the fuel filter with diesel. Is there something that should be loosened to allow air to escape? Any help appreciated. Thanks for Your Time, Wes Ragle
Welcome to the forum Wes. :usa The procedure varies with different injection systems, some require a process of bleeding. But in many cases, you simply fill the filter with clean fuel, fit the filter to housing, then operate the hand primer until it becomes firm. Keep pumping a good half dozen strokes after it becomes firm, then see if engine fires off. If it runs for a moment then dies, repeat hand primer process. After a few times of priming, it should go. If not, you'll probably need to bleed injectors.
Thanks for the welcome, Willie. If I determine that the injectors need bled, should I loosen the lines at the engine or at the injector pump? Wes
Doesn't really matter, whichever is easier to get to and work with. In most cases, if it's an in-line injection pump, it's not easy to fit a wrench on each of the injection line nuts at the pump. In that case, it would be better to loosen the injection line nuts at injectors.
Thanks a bunch. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works out. Wes