Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Undercarriage Compatibility

631G · 2018-12-04 08:26

Does anyone have any information on what Komatsu PC200 undercarriages are compatible across series? I have a PC200-8 that needs a new set of rails, sprockets, etc. and I am curious if I can buy off of a Dash 6 or 7 that has been burnt out from a dismantler. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Shimmy12018-12-04 10:07

    How's your Komatsu dealer? Easy way to find out if they're even close is call the dealer and see if they'll tell you min/max specs on the rails, and compare the numbers. You should be able get an idea pretty quick if they might interchange. I've been around a few Komatsu machines, I would venture a guess that a 7 and 8 would have a pretty good chance of being compatible, a 6 is a totally different machine. Have you checked aftermarket prices? Undercarriage parts for excavators in that size usually aren't that bad, you might be able to put chains and sprockets on for somewhere around $5k?

  2. #2John C.2018-12-04 10:40

    Find out if the pitch of the chains are the same. If they are then you will need the bolt pattern on the sprockets. I would be a little surprised if they weren't the same. Manufacturers build the machines to what is available from suppliers. Undercarriage doesn't change a lot any more between years and models.

  3. #3bam19682018-12-04 14:26

    Here are some part #'s for my pc200 lc-7 that you can compare to yours if that helps..... RH track link 20y-32-31130, LH track link 20y-32-31120, sprocket 20y-27-11561.

  4. #4Master Link2018-12-06 21:56

    PC200-3 through PC200-8 all use the same chain, bottom rollers, idlers, and sprockets. The top rollers are different between the models. Your chain uses 20mm track bolts. If you have an LC model you should have 49 links in each chain. This same chain is used on many different 20 ton machines that carry the 200 size label. JD200, Hyundai R200 Hitachi ZX200. You could use a set off of one of these but they vary in the number of links so you would need to check that out. Cat 320 machines use almost the same chain except the bolt hole pattern for the shoe is a little different. You could use the complete tracks from the Cat but not the chain only as your shoes won't bolt up.

  5. #5Shimmy12018-12-06 23:43

    1 million likes. Guys like you are the ones we need more of on HEF.

  6. #6631G2018-12-08 16:38

    Excellent info guys thank you for the help. So far we’ve been having luck with pricing and availability on the parts we’re hunting for. Master Link, thank you for this info. I’ll be looking into this some more as well. Could be even better pricing out there knowing this.

  7. #7Joe T WV2025-08-10 07:48

    I have a pc200lc-6, but can get a pc200pc-7 idler assembly, spring etc used for $500 vs $3,000 new. Komastsu dealer said they are different part numbers, so didn’t think it would work. Heard the 6 is made in Japan vs 7 made in US. Think it’ll still work?

  8. #8Joe T WV2025-08-10 08:15

    I have a pc200lc-6 with idler, spring, backet that needs replaced. Can get the one off a 7 for $500 vs the $3K from Komastsu new. Parts numbers are different so dealer wouldn’t say, but lots of aftermarket sites appear to be interchangeable. Think it’ll work?