Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu WA-50-3 not engaging in gear

Jim CR ยท 2013-12-11 15:06

Have a 2005 Komatsu WA-50-3 that starts up, hydraulics work just fine but will not engage into forward or reverse, it's as though its in neutral as it revs up but does not move or even fell like its going too. I was wondering if there was a way to see if the emergency brake was not disengaging? The brake pedal releases and the parking brake light goes out but the machine will not move. Any help/suggestions that you can recommend will be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Joeyschribar2013-12-11 23:16

    This is exactly like the problem I am having. Check your forward neutral reverse solenoid and see if the little light is illuminated in both directions. also try to manual disengage the parking brake as well. Most times you can do it by removing an end cap screw sleeve and washers on the actuater and threading it in all the way to release.

  2. #2Jim CR2013-12-12 07:38

    Thanks Joey, I'll give that a shot, your problem sounds just like the one I'm having. It will be a week or so before I have a chance to work on it but I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks agin, Jim