Hello forum, we have just taken delivery of a used Komatsu WA250-5 as above. It does everything it should but I notice when operating it, if you take your foot off the accelerator it very quickly comes to a stop. A bit like you applied the brakes. We put it in the workshop jacked the whole machine off the floor and put it in gear and got wheels runing at high speed. The LH front wheel was moving very slowly compared to the rest. No funny noises ( like a tight / worn bearing) and even after an extended period of high speed driving on the road no big heat generation across the axle ( although the trans temp gauge seemed to be reading almost halfway) I thought maybe the internal wet brake was dragging? The machine is fitted with traction control and I wonder if that might be misbehaving and applying power to LHF brake, but Im not sure if Trac control work soley by changing power distribution in the transmission only or also braking to the axles? Any thoughts would be apreciated. thank you.
If this is a hydrostatic driven machine, what you are describing is normal.
Hello John, I think you are right. it appears this is a hydrostatic transmission and I had mentioned the "symptoms" to the other blokes and I said this drives like our Kubota RTV buggy, which is hydrostatic. So my first loader with out a conventional transmission, quite different to drive. thanks for sharing your knowledge.
I have done inspections on Komatsu and Deere machines and they were the same. Brakes are nearly unnecessary on them.
It is common to have debris under the heel of the brake, or throttle pedal, to cause weird performance of the hydrostatic drive, by not allowing the pedals to fully return upward.