Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu WA30-3 loader very slow at moving

Pepe · 2024-03-22 01:08

I own a Komatsu WA30-3. It starts easy but very slow off the mark. I understand these loaders are hydrostatic but need help as why it takes ages to get off the mark. Motor is fine; hydraulics work well but just need help on why its slow as takes ages to even go up a slight incline........

Replies9
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-03-31 18:53

    Clutch pedal returning 100%? When was the hydraulic filter last serviced? Is the service/park brake fully released?

  2. #2Pepe2024-03-31 21:40

    No clutch pedal as hydrostatic --- only 2 brake pedals & accelerator? I will check hydraulic filter. Yes park brake fully released. Once its hot it runs well. Hard to get parts for these as must come in from Japan.

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-03-31 21:42

    Far left is de-clutch. It disengages hydrostat so that it doesn't work against the brake. ie, when lifting , stopped yet still in gear.

  4. #4funwithfuel2024-03-31 21:44

    Warms up and runs better indicates plugged, dirty screens or filters. As oil thins, passage becomes easier. Total opposite of most HST complaints

  5. #5coalrulz2024-03-31 22:16

    I am not sure I have ever seen a little WA30 let alone a -3, looks like a cute little loader. I was only able to locate a parts manual for the WA30-3, it show that machine has a torque converter with 2 speed packs and forward and reverse packs. From what I can see Komatsu went hydrostat on the WA30-5 machines.

  6. #6Pepe2024-03-31 23:54

    Thanks for that. I need to get more info on this WA30-3. I thought it was a brake???

  7. #7coalrulz2024-04-01 17:59

    Pepe, Have you tried giving the Technical Service of Komatsu New Zealand a call? Bet they have access to a Shop Manual. Below is from the Komatsu New Zealand website. Do you have a technical issue with your Komatsu equipment? Our 24/7 technical support hotline is a one-stop shop for all technical support enquiries for all Komatsu utility, construction and mining equipment sold in New Zealand. Phone us at any time for technical assistance; our support includes everything from answering a quick shop manual question, right through to a lengthy technical troubleshooting solution session. It’s simply a matter of calling 0800 00 4127 and selecting Option 5 “Technical Assistance”.

  8. #8Pepe2024-04-02 01:01

    Thanks Coalrulz for the info. I didnt realize Komatsu gave the info. I managed to download a manual on the WA30-3. I just found out theres a Komatsu outlet in my home town as well in NZ just built.....Ive had a few Komatsu excavators & theyve never let me down. The W30-3 yanma motor is the same as the PC20s which I had---great little motors....

  9. #9Pepe2024-04-04 19:51

    Seems the WA30 has 2 foot brakes. Am changing the filters & oil