Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu WA470-5H hydraulic oil in transmission

kemark ยท 2019-11-17 16:01

Hello, I have a komatsu WA470-5H machine. I have a problem with hydraulic oil that gets into the transmission. After starting the machine, oil comes in in a few minutes. Please help. what to check first?

Replies5
  1. #1grf_10002019-11-19 21:42

    More than likely you have a pump seal is blown out. Very common with Komatsu loaders.

  2. #2John C.2019-11-19 22:38

    I don't know the vintage of your machine but Komatsu used plenty of aluminum bodied gear pumps on wheel loaders and the bodies were only good for a maximum of 5,000 hours before they swelled and put oil out the drive shafts into the tranny.

  3. #3kemark2019-11-21 15:11

    Thank you for the information. There is actually a gear pump with an aluminum housing. He will dismantle the pumps and check. I will let you know what I found.

  4. #4syed adii2023-11-21 13:59

    we are facing same issue hydraulic oil mix in transmission oil. we change 2 pumps but after couple of hours pump seal again . during this behavior one thing we notice the machine main hydraulic pump outlet pipe oring leak again and again then leak the pump seal. we have komatsu wa-470

  5. #5jurick402024-09-07 18:43

    Did you solve the problem sir?