I have been working on a Komatsu WA480-5 which has an intermittant fault code of AD10L3 comming up, when the code is active the engine will loose power or even stop. The code comes normally after two or more hours of work. We have replaced the fuel limiter valve, checked all connections,screens and filter. Has anyone had this fault if so what is the fix. Thanks for any help.
Has anyone had a simmilar problem where the engine looses power WA480-5
Hi, hope i can be of some help I have some experience with Komatsu loaders. What does the shop manual says the fault is relating to? i.e. what is the title of the fault in the shop manual?
I ask the question has anyone had a simmilar problem, because the fix was some what simple, finding it was the problem. The fault code AD10L3 relates to low pressure side of the fuel system. This problem has occured on two WA480-5 machines which we look after, the first machine the customer called out Komatsu field service. After a few Weeks and a new high pressure pump, limiter valve and last the injectors were to be replaced,(lots of $) then the floods hit, which stopped things. By this time both machines had the same problem, loss of power even cutting out, after the floods we looked at the machines, to clean them up. The problem was still there, I checked everything I could on the fuel system, so I thought, the problem cleared for a few days, then back it came. I asked my son to have a look for the fault. Telling him to start a the begining and go through fault finding. After a while he said I think I've found the problem! There was a blockage in the pipe from the tank to the screen, in the banjo fitting. This was cleaned out, the machine ran fine for a few days then the problem returned, again the fitting was blocked. I drained the fuel tank took off the quick fill so I could see into the tank, it looked clean (very clean) then I noticed the float from the fuel level gauge at the bottom of the tank, I removed the float, there was a film of plastic around the float which was peeling off by hitting the tank sides during operation of the machine, after removing the float, no more fault. We check the other WA480-5 with the same problem and again the float was the cause. I wonder how many other machines have the same problem. Thanks, I hope this information will help someone
thats real good to know, i bet those floats were used in alot of machines.
I may have found a solution, the fuel sender unit superseeds from part number 7861-93-4830 to 7861-93-4832, there is also a parts and service news relating to the problem with the arm breaking off the fuel level sender, Parts and service news number at09219. It details how to modify the sender unit to prevent breaking. I can give you the Parts and service news documentation but it is to large to post, if you PM me an email address I would be happy to send it to you.
Any chance you could send service news AT09219 to me @ [email protected] Thanks in advance!
Can you send me the documents for this issue please? I've got a wa450 doing the same thing after you run it for about 45 minutes it codes for ad10l3 and derates the tractor. Thanks for any help on the this issue.
My email is [email protected]