Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu WD-140 Instrument Clusters

David Bradley ยท 2017-11-12 20:34

Hi Folks, I just purchased a Komatsu WB-140 backhoe. The two instrument clusters are very UV damaged. If anyone has this backhoe and can read the text on the clusters, can you please take a couple of photos of you instrument clusters and post or email? Thanks! David [email protected]

Replies3
  1. #1berky2017-11-13 13:06

    Hey, David. Welcome to the Komatsu family. Not sure if it will help since I have a 140-2N (the one that replaced your 140). I know from the service manual that they are somewhat similar, so I will try to attach the pics. Mine also has excavator controls so I know some things are definitely different. I would recommend that you get a service manual and an operators manual. They will be a major help if you plan on doing service or fixing it yourself.

  2. #2David Bradley2017-11-13 14:11

    Thanks a heep! That helps a lot. I really need to replace all the light assemblies in both clusters. Thanks again!

  3. #3berky2017-11-13 15:10

    If I remember correctly the bulbs are a 2721. They are quite expensive @ 2.50 each. You can buy them in bulk on Flea Bay. I converted mine over to LED because those 2721 just dont seem to last. Anything else I can help with just give me a shout.