Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kschmech PC40-7

kschmech ยท 2015-07-15 13:09

Hello, I have a Komatsu PC40-7 that has intermittent starting problems. When the starting key is turned to the first position, the buzzer sounds and the control panel lights up. When the key is turned to the start position nothing happens. This problem started several months ago but has gotten worse in the last 3 weeks. Sometimes it starts and sometimes not. I have removed the starter motor and it checked out ok by a local rebuild shop. I also cleaned several wiring connectors along with the grounds and battery. My next step is to check the starter switch and also look at the control box under the seat to see if anything looks bad or loose. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Replies1
  1. #1KomPC4072017-01-17 17:36

    Hello Can you tell me where the hydraulic filter is located on the Komatsu PC40-7?