Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota B26 HST Oil Change

r1stgei · 2020-02-29 09:06

Hello gents. New to forum and looking fwd to getting more involved. I have a 2006 B26 with 600 hrs on it now. The maintenance schedule is calling for me to change the hst filter at 400 hrs. Seems a bit early for that and I am not looking fwd to replacing all that oil $$$. Thoughts? ThOughts or experiences with the b26 Hydrostatic systems?

Replies1
  1. #1Canadian_digger2020-03-01 07:32

    Does the manual say to change just the filter? Or both oil and filter. I would go with the intervals in the manual especially the first filter change, as it will have metal in it from the break in period. Another thing to consider. If it’s the original oil, it’s 14 years old. Time to change it. My father always told me “ oil and grease are cheaper that parts”