Does anyone have any thoughts on why this D1105 takes so long to respond to throttle movement? Where should I start looking? See start and end of this video (start 0:53 - end 1:46) The rail on the injector pump moves freely, as does the governor fork.
Sounds like fuel issue to me. When was the last time it got a set of fuel filters? Does it have spin on or the inline Kubota likes? What’s the fuel like? Any water? I have a little Kubota tractor I mow with and it acted up this summer. It had fresh filters on it, I thought maybe the little electric fuel pump took a dump. Nope, there was a bug stuck in the suction fitting on the fuel tank. It would allow flow to idle and drive around but not enough to run the deck and drive. If the symptom just occurred my guess would be bad fuel, a filter that’s restricted or some debris plugging suction line. Does the little electric pump keep running after it’s started and under a load? Maybe there’s a wiring issue for it…. Hopefully that gives you something to start with.
Thanks. Yes fuel system has been thoroughly cleaned/replaced/tested. Here's what I've done so far: emptied and cleaned fuel tank (had water, rust and gunk) replaced fuel filters (clogged with water and gunk from tank) replaced fuel lines (lines were brittle) - had injector pump and injectors tested - tested ok bled injector lines replaced engine oil and oil filter replaced thermostat and coolant (thermostat was stuck open) air filter had already been replaced - exhaust is clear checked governor spring, forks and flyweight. Warn but nothing broken or missing
What does it have for a fuel pump? Electric or engine driven lift pump? I wonder if there’s a suction leak somewhere? Does the engine pass a compression test? Do the valves need adjusted? I’ve also seen some engines that run a Zexel fuel system and if return fuel doesn’t have a bit of restriction they won’t run.
Electric fuel pump - new. I haven't headed to valve/cylinder issues yet due to there being no smoke. Happy to be advised otherwise. Another forum suggested that the hydraulic system is being loaded - suggested clogged filters or faulty check valves. I drained the hydraulic tank and removed the filters. Both were dirty. The return filter had actually pulled apart from the pressure of not being able to travel through the filter. Filters have been ordered. I'll update when i have them in. There was some gunk at the bottom of the tank and the oil does go creamy when the pump is running. I'm guessing this means there's some water in the system. It goes translucent again once it has settled for a while. What's the best way to flush the whole hydraulic system so I can give it a good fresh start?
Does it react the same way regardless of what function you try? I didn’t hear anything moving and the camera didn’t show anything, I’m assuming there’s a cylinder doing something as you pull the lever? If you move levers slower does it react any different? It kinda reminds me of a crane we repowered years ago. It was 2 stroke Detroit and in the process of installing the hydraulic pump it was put on the wrong side so it was turning the opposite direction. When you pulled the lever to boom up it will almost kill a 6-71. I know it’s probably hard to tell but I wonder if something has been messed with and some hoses are crossed. It’s always fun doing these over the internet lol. Halos with communication skills and critical thinking!