I did an in frame rebuild on a D722 kubota diesel motor and put an aftermarket head on it. when i tried to adjust the valves cold the valve springs bottom out at the called for adjustment. The specs call for .0075 inches. But i have to set them at .030 thousands to get them to clear. any ideas ?
My guess would be this. Ottsville? How about that OWOWCOW ice cream? Love that place.
Are there caps on the valve stems?
Yes but are they there and are they compatible with the new “ Aftermarket “ head?
Aftermarket Head, crank or other parts, not for me as first choice. Too much experience with not quite right. Simon C
I have had no problems on 4 Kubota engines being rebuilt, with aftermarket heads. They generally are cheaper to buy than reworking old heads. Just have to verify everything is the same.
Thanks for all of the replies , i really appreciate them. I finally rechecked everything and found that they put the wrong valve springs on the aftermarket head. My old springs had six coils and the after market head had seven coils. I put air pressure in the glow plug holes and switched the springs out with the old ones and had no problem adjusting the valves. Now i am going to try to get some money back from the site that i bought the head at. Thanks again for all of the responses. Heavy equipment forum is the best!!!
PS: wowcow is great!!