i can't find license agreement on diagmaster from kubota. Can anyone tell me if I can load this on my personal laptop that I use for the company I work for. When I install the software nothing comes up with license agreement. When using my companies password for kubotas web site I can download diagmaster and use the reg key that kubota supplies for ecu update and have diagmaster on my computer not using our companies reg key. But there is no licensing info with it.
this is weird
What's weird? Apparently it's okay to do if you ask kubota but my company disagrees with kubota. Mechanics personal computers used as one of there tools at a dealer should be covered under licensing
I don't see/understand the problem?? the dealer doesn't want a shop mechanic using his personal computer for *personal use* after hrs w/ company, priority info on it or access to that info ??? IF THATS THE CASE, the dealer/boss needs to furnish every mechanic w/ a computer.. or keep the PW a secret.. which doesnt work. BUT I think.. every time you log on, you agree to the original licensing agreement..?? that's how you got your user name and pw in the first place, by agreeing to the terms & paying a fee, usually.. I know in my line of business, most manufacturers have gone the way of a web site and the company buys the right to use it.. except Bosch.. With Bosch, a disk is purchased for x # of terminals IN THE COMPANY.. some people have the Bosch program on their computer and some don't.. AND the disk times out every year or 2.. so the new one has to be purchased for each and every terminal that wants to use the program.. AND CAN NOT be accessed outside the company walls.. no remote access.. tricky ba$tards..
The problem is we have one computer for 10 mechanics. I went to training and the manufacture trainer said as mechanics you should buy a computer for your toolbox. The manufacturer gave us the software and our own passwords yet the dipshoes I work for say it's in there dealer contract that the software can't be loaded onto personal computers. Yet 2 manufacturers say it's fine. I'm just looking for a dealer that has ran into this before or has dealt with issue.
They do sound like dipsticks.. lol IF it works.. it works.. who cares where its loaded.. I think the question that needs to be asked is.. HOW MANY TIMES can it be loaded.. or does the disk HAVE TO STAY in the computer.. Just like the situation we have w/ the Bosch program.. 1 disk but you have to PAY for multiple users.. it cant be loaded onto the MAIN server and distributed thu out the company.. it has to be loaded individually.. We had that problem w/ Volvo Vodia tool also.. 1 vodia tool for 3 field mechanics.. and if 1 forgot to take it off his truck and already left the shop.. there was no Volvo scanning going on THAT day.. THAT happened TWICE.. then we bought 5.. no more excuses..
What you COULD DO is load it in the shop laptop.. and when its needed and someone else has the shop computer, or its out of the shop, tell the boss, its not getting done today.. THEN see what happens.. The story about the Vodia tool is true.. the BIG BOSS needed it for 1 of the friend boats.. we had 5 the very next week.. Lol