Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota Excavator Canopy/ROPS Removal

EWY'S Tree Service ยท 2023-05-21 16:19

I have a customer contacting me about a job in a courtyard that would require access through a low-height breezeway. I am currently away on a military construction project with the National Guard and unable to look at my machine to see if I can remove the ROPS for the job. I was hoping someone might be able to take a look at their machine and tell me if it is doable , and/or someone who has done it before can provide tips/tricks. I have a Kubota KX040-4 with just the open station canopy/rops. If my memory serves me right, there are two easy bolts on the back. I have never looked at the front connection point though. Thank you very much in advance!

Replies1
  1. #1Steve Favia2023-05-21 16:31

    Yep,simple as I recall 4 bolts 2 in front 2 in back,I believe there is a hook shaped rod that goes through the Rops at the bottom that has to be supported up for the hydraulics to operat.