Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota GL7000 Lowboy II

SidewinderGlenn ยท 2017-04-10 05:25

Just picked up a Kubota GL7000 Lowboy II diesel genset & I have a few questions. First .... it is Blue .. & not Orange ... why ? The emissions tag says 2010 model & CANADA. The engine (2 cyl Z482-02-ET06) Ser # 10--K 050792 6.5 KW At purchase .. we started the Kubota up & powered a couple of small 120 v portable heaters & it seemed to work fine. Let me state that I don't know a whole lot about generator systems & workings ... but I know my way around house wiring. Also know my way around gasoline engines. (Storing gasoline SUCKS these days !) I plan on using this unit to replace my old Kohler 7.5 C62 (4cyl water cooled Gasoline) as a Standby unit for my small home ... by selectively powering circuits that I need. The added attraction is ... I have 3 ... 275 gallon furnace fuel tanks sitting in the gen shed. 1 HP Submersible well pump 240v Hot water tank 240v Stove/oven Two 120v window A/C units Small micro-wave I have found that the older GL 7000 units were belt driven to the gen head .... but the later units (like this one) are direct drive to the gen head. I guess most of my questions are about maintenance items .... filters & correct oil & such. (I received NO manuals or paper work with this unit) I noticed that the internal filter element was missing from the clear fuel filter / sediment bowl unit (need correct part number) Will the maintenance items be the same for this "Blue" unit .. as the "Orange" units that seem to be common ? Will the 15w-40 oil that we use in our construction equipment (Cats, Komatsu ) be compatible with this Kubota 2 cyl unit ? What type of Full Synthetic would be compatible ? Thanks for any advice or help with this ! ~Glenn

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2017-04-10 12:26

    Blue is the Canada special, don't ask me why.....

  2. #2SidewinderGlenn2017-04-15 05:14

    Thanks for that info Lantraxco !