Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KH 151 excavator.

Garrie Denny ยท 2015-03-17 02:03

Nee to get some help with steel tracks on my KH151. Trying to split the join link but cannot get the pin out, im using a 5pound sledge hammer and a piece of solid round rod to drive out the pin but it wont play ball. Does anyone on the forum have one of these machines ? I need to know if the pinon the inside of the track has a T head that sits un a groove on the inside of the joint link, as mine has, I don't want to use the oxy saw on it if I cant get a new one.

Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2015-03-17 03:21

    Are you backing the inside link up with something solid? That little machine it shouldn't put up a fight.....

  2. #2Garrie Denny2015-03-17 03:52

    No , just belting the bejeesus out of it, im thinking of using a pointed bit in my jack hammer to get it started, thoughts ?

  3. #3lantraxco2015-03-17 05:51

    They spring and the pin binds because of the angle. See if you cant get some blocking in behind it, usually I like to get the master on the sprocket somewhere and put a jack or some such between a frame member and the inside link? Or on the idler and use the blade arm for backing.

  4. #4Garrie Denny2015-03-18 01:47

    Thanks for that info ill try it and see.

  5. #5tylermckee2015-03-18 02:15

    What he said, get any bounce and/or binding out of it, and a bigger hammer. Attach a 3-4' handle to your round rod and get someone to hold it so you can use an 8lb sledge

  6. #6pafarmer2015-03-18 06:05

    Torch it..

  7. #7Garrie Denny2015-03-19 01:10

    Not before I know for sure I can get new pins.

  8. #8Garrie Denny2015-04-01 06:12

    Thanks to everyone who helpedmme through their posts. got the little suckersout, using all helpful input replies.