Hi all I have a kh41 mini serial number 11519. Thru lack of proper maintenance it has developed excessive play ( rocking back and forth) on the turntable. My parts book lists the bearing as 68511-1911-0 , called dealer they said part was superceded by part #68721-19110 and it turns out it is quite pricey ($2400) I'm pretty sure I can get one for about $ 2100 from Coleman plus shipping. Does anyone know of anywhere that could refurbish mine or that I could source an aftermarket replacement. Also wondering if simply replacing the ball bearings and spacers is an option to extend the life abit further. I realize I have to split the machine in order to do anything so the latter is probably a fools idea. The machine has 2600 hours and I don't foresee it getting used more than 200 hours per year. Any and all replies are greatly appreciated thank u!
There are places that will regrind the rings and install oversize balls, but I doubt you could get it done for less than a new one. Might try this company though: http://www.kaydonbearings.com/remanufacturing.htm I am guessing that the balls are harder than the rings, so it's likely that replacing the balls won't help much. You could pull the plug and measure a couple balls with a micrometer, see how they compare to new.
Finally had the time to split the machine turns out that the plastic line from the remote fitting was cracked letting all the applied grease out b4 it got to the slewing ring $.50 part destroys part costing thousands.grrrrrrr!!!quite a project to remove the bearing on the mini. Had to remove all the linkage controls , swing gear etc to get to the bolts on the top side of the ring(stupid design threads where in the ring instead of the house like most excavators)
Sorry to hear that, always seems to be something like that. On the way to like new though yeah?