Hello all! Been reading here for ages but never posted . Came on here looking for info on the new kx 040-4 kubota , apparently it is replacing the 121 model? I just purchased the first one that my dealer has gotten in . The buckets I ordered ( 24 inch digging and 42 inch clean up) are not in yet. They are installing the quick coupler and hydraulic thumb in the morning . And hopefully the buckets will show up ! Anyone running one yet? Or have any info? It has the new cab design ,like the 57 and 80 models . Big improvement in room and comfort compared to the 121 model.
Going to try and post the link to the brochure for the new model ... Fingers crossed ! http://www.forconstructionpros.com/download?content_id=10886737
On Grade: The 40 is replacing the 121. The major thing is that the 40 is with the tier 4. Overall it's just as good of a machine as the 121...
I love my 121, wish I had a quick coupler and 6 way blade.
I am trying to figure out which to buy right now, the KX-121 or the KX -040. Demo'd a 121(still have it) and like the power, reach, dig depth, and smoothness, but I like the interior on the 040 and some of the new features. Just wish the 040 dug as deep and had the same reach, close, but not the same. I'm stepping this machine up from one of my Case CX-36b, little bigger everywhere, but also wish they made this size machine in a zero tail. Really like the new Kubota's and the engine reliability, that's why I'm going Kubota.
All I can say is I am more than pleased with the kx-40. The cab is very comfortable compared to most machines I have run this size. I really like the improved heater/ac ducting and vents. A good stereo was added for tunes (speakers were already there) . Got the hydraulic thumb and quick attach, both are great. The clean up bucket is 42 inch and seems to be a good all around bucket , sometimes I wish it was 48" but mostly I am happy with it. The 24" tooth bucket however is too small.It is good for hard digging situations but is miserably small for normal conditions. It is very shallow, same shape as the clean up bucket but wider with teeth added. I also have the angle blade which is handy for cleaning up etc....I would prefer tilt over angle if it was an option. But I don't like to push much with it, that's what the dozer is for . I chose the kubota for reliability as well...very durable little machines.
Sorry, that would be narrower with teeth....my bad.
Thanks On Grade for the info on the 40. Mine is at the dealers waiting for the radio to be installed and should have it any day. I went with the quick coupler, 18",24" and 30" dig buckets and angle blade. Full cab, no thumb for me. I'm just a digger so I really never needed it. Looking forward to using the machine and being comfortable in the newer cab design, I didn't really like the 121's cab at all, real plain.
Picked up the new 40 today, thing is really nice. Can't wait to hit the dirt on Monday. http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j459/RobbieRob7173/bth_20130927_163749.jpg?t=1380322043