Hi guys, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking at a 2008 Kx 080-3 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them that could tell me their good/bad points. This one I'm looking at is a non turbo version. Are they powerful enough? Could I expect better fuel economy out of the non turbo motor? Has anything else changed significantly between the 2008 model and the current Kx 080-3? How does the kubota stack up against the other 8 tonnes? I will be using it to remove stumps, handle logs, dig trenches and other general clean up work on my farm.
We have one and for me is the best 8 ton excavator in the market, It´s really nice machine, very powerfull and fast.
https://www.facebook.com/ObrasRocha...888894155226/1239534806057291/?type=3&theater
Thanks for the reply. Is yours the turbo or non turbo version?
Its the non turbo version, the turbo is the KX080-3 Alpha, The fuel consumption its not bad depending on the job, we had the previous Kubota 8 ton machine (KX251) wich was a Nagano machine painted in Kubota orange paint with Kubota engine, and the fuel consumptions were a bit high.
Do you know if the turbo engine is the same motor as the non turbo or is it an all new motor? Also do you know the horsepower difference? I'm guessing the turbo version would be slightly better on fuel?
The turbo engine is also smaller, the non turbo is the V3800di and the turbo is the v3307di, the main reason they used this engine was all about anti-polution specs.