Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX 121-2 thermostat

jw3 ยท 2013-10-25 19:52

Are there any special procedures to burping the air out of the cooling system after changing the thermostat? I have shop manuals on the way, they just haven't arrived yet? I appreciate y'all's info because I am in a jam!!!!

Replies3
  1. #1Jlillie22013-11-01 15:49

    I'd run it with the radiator cap off from it and watch it until the fluid gos by once the stat opens. If it drops ad some more. I had valves (On my takeuchi) that were intended for a heater, as they were on the high side, I opened them a little until I had fluid coming out to make sure it didn't get air bound. I assume that you didn't have to drain the entire machine to replace the thermostat right?

  2. #2jw32013-11-01 20:07

    No sir I didn't have to drain the radiator. I did pretty well what you described. I haven't had to add any more anti freeze as of yet.

  3. #3Jlillie22013-11-04 13:01

    I'd say you are fine then, I assume that the tem gauge is showing temperature up to the normal level? If the gauge was exceptionally low, or reading sporadically, I would suspect an air bind. I think from the sounds of things that you did it all right.