I have a kubota kx41-2 and have a hydraulic problem. When the machine reaches full operation i loose all power within the hydraulics and the machine becomes slow sluggish and unusable. I have replaced the pump, filter and oil within the machine and it has made little difference? Hss anybody had similiar issues and any ideas on what to do next?
abrecekll, Can you describe for us what you mean by the machine reaching full operation? If you can give us more of a description of what triggers the problem, then perhaps the HEF community can better help with a diagnosis.
By full operation I mean after the machine has been running for 30minutes and the machine reaches operating temperatures, the hydraulic system looses power in all operations. The machine slows by 80% to 90% of its normal range. This affects the turning, movement, digging and all operations of the machine. After letting the machine cool for a few hours the machine goes back to working normally for 30minutes or so and the problem starts all over again.
Ok. I don't know anything about your machine, but here are some thoughts. First, I assume the following: 1) Engine runs fine and maintains rpm and power when hydraulics fail. No excessive smoking 2) Engine and hydraulic temperature do not exceed normal operating range. 3) Pump replacement was done properly - that any necessary calibrations were done. 4) Correct hyd oil is being used 5) That the problem surfaces consistently when the machine warms up. 6) That the problem is not related or caused by engaging some other function. 7) That if your machine has a return hyd oil filter you changed it too. If it works fine for 30 minutes and then quits it seems to be a temperature issue. I don't know how electronically sophisticated the machine is, but it may have sensors designed to protect the machine. For instance if the hyd fluid overheats it puts the machine in a limp mode?? Oil level sensors (too much or too little) may trip it into a limp mode. Perhaps it has a pressure sensor in the system detecting high or low (suction side of pump) pressure, thus tripping the system. Speaking of the suction side of the pump, how is it fed? If there is a rubber hose anywhere on the suction side, make sure it's not collapsing and thus cutting off the oil supply to the pump. Sorry I can't be of specific help. I'm just trying to help you think through the issue. Good luck
Seeing that all hydraulic functions are affected, I would be guessing your main relief valve has issues. May be that once the relief valve gets hot, the spring gets weaker and is allowing the valve to open. However this is a semi educated guess and your best bet is to take it to a Kubota workshop for diagnoses. Insofar as operating pressures go and hyd oil temperatures, etc There could be other things causing your problems but I really think you need to know what the hyd pressure is, no point in mucking around with valves and such if the problem is a lack of hyd pressure.
I have had exactly the same problem with my Kx 41-2. Driven me crazy, making the machine virtually unusable. This may sound a bit odd, but the problem turned out to be lack of fuel. On removing the fuel regulator found it to have a hairline crack in the body, only visible on close inspection. You don't need to take the engine out, just remove the seat, the you can get at the fuel lines etc. I can send you a pic if you send me your e-mail. I'd be interested to know how you get on. Cheers Bob
Thankyou everyone for all the help and information you have provided me it has been greatly appreciated. With all the help you have provided the machine is still not 100% but it is slowly getting there, it is a lot better from when i started. That would be great if you could send me a picture Bob1948