Kubota KX-71 original model Hi all, I have a Kubota KX-71 which I acquired when I started building my own house. Its be fine up until recently the excavator arm stopped working. The symptoms are like if the safety leaver is not down. The tracks and blade work fine but any controls on the joy sticks controlling arm/bucket/rotation movement do not work. When this originally happened a few days later I managed to get the arm working again, no idea what I did if anything at all. Some of the joystick controls came back and then a few mins later other controls came back to have a fully working machine, it was fine the rest of the day and for the next few times it was used. On the latest attempt to use the machine fired up (still does) without issue, safety leave down the arm started to lift when using the controls but then stopped working after moving slightly. Same as before the blade and tracks are working fine. What I have done, I have checked there is enough hydraulic oil in the tank I have opened the bleed values I can find to try and remove any air in the system that might have been in the system. I have taken out cleaned and put back the safety leaver (I thought there might be a blockage) I have checked a few of the hydraulic pipes by cracking them open slightly to see if oil is in them all the ones I have checked on the arm bleed oil. I am slightly lost with what to try next. Any support or advice gratefully received.
It sounds like the safety lever switch may be bad. I believe the tracks and blade will work without the safety lever being down, not 100% sure about that though, but the blade and tracks are not pilot operated and the joysticks are.