I wired in some work lights on the cab of my excavator and plugged them into the wires that the light kit uses above the fuse block. The manual says that the canopy units should press the light switch once to turn it on and then press it again to turn it off. The cab model says to press the switch once for the boom light, press a second time for the cab lights, and press a third time to turn the lights off. I need to know if a relay needs to be moved or if other wires need to be plugged in. The parts manual and operator's manual are very vague. I have the canopy version, and the fuse block shows the cab light fuse and relay already installed. Thanks
Since you have a 57-5, I take it is two years old or newer. I just bot one this year, and it had the front work lights mounted on the cab. I wanted a rear work light, and found it was already wired for the rear light, and already had a rubber grommet attached to the wire. It was tucked inside behind the rubber plugs, and already wired in. I just had to mount the light and connect the wires. One press of the button turns on the single work light on the boom, and second push turns on the cab lights, and a third push turns them all off.
can you tell me which grommet the wire was behind and also what light you used to mount to the rear? I just purchased a kx057-5 and would like to add a rear light as well.
Just to the left of the radio antenna, are two bolts above a rubber plug. Pull the plug and you will find the wires inside. Another rubber grommet is attached to the wires to seal the hole. I purchased a light off AMAZON. See attached.
Thanks for the information. I will order a new light today!
That price looks awfully high to me. I've bought similar lights with same mount at Northern Tool for less than $20 each. Just saying......
I just put a 800w 12” light bar on my skid, up front and I didn’t even spend 20 bucks. That price is unrealistic.
It was a little expensive, but I was able to bolt it on to the mount already on the cab, and wired it up, and have had no problems with it so far. It is nice having a light to the rear so you can see what is behind you in the dark!