It is finally time to purchase an excavator. I am looking at the Kubota Kx057-5 and the Deere 60P. It will be used primarily for forestry, land clearing, moving dirt, boulders etc…. I have checked out both machines and I am having trouble making a decision. Does anyone have experience with both that can give some insight? Sell me on your favorite and give me reasons why it is the better machine. Thanks
Those are both good models, I'd personally lean towards the Kubota KX057, but the Deere would be near the top of my list as well (at least the older 60G, never been around the new P-tier.) You may also want to check out the Takeuchi TB260, I've run them quite a bit and they are good machines as well. Have you tested out any of the machines you are looking at? I'd try to get the dealer to bring out a demo machine if possible, at the very least rent one of each and try them out on the job. Getting to run them yourself is the best way to see what you like.