Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX057/U55 Diverter Valve Question

afret · 2017-05-03 19:23

Does anyone know what size fitting fits the diverter valve on the stick? One side goes to the thumb and the other has a plug in it. I was thinking of removing the plug and putting on a quick connect but don't know the thread size.

Replies5
  1. #1RickRossTN2024-04-06 21:00

    I'm wondering the same thing? Somebody here MUST have already figured this out!

  2. #2RickRossTN2024-04-06 21:04

    The fellow in this YouTube video says that the Kubota diverter has a #8 British pipe thread. Now to start looking for that!

  3. #3RickRossTN2024-04-07 00:25

    On further review, I think the YouTube video was incorrect. It is apparently not BSP, but rather a #8 ORB. The part I need to couple it with half-inch flat faced quick couplers is "6401-08-08 1/2" ORB Male x 1/2" NPTF Male" and seems to be readily available on Amazon and from places that sell hydraulic fittings.

  4. #4phil3142024-04-07 15:46

    lol, I was wondering the same thing and came across the same video. That video is wrong. You can clearing see the o ring on the fitting in the video. It's definitely an ORB fitting. I'm about to install some flat face couplers on my KX033-4.

  5. #5RickRossTN2024-04-07 19:12

    I think the YouTube guy just had it all confused. I couldn’t find a #8 BSPP anyway, but there is definitely a #8 male ORB. Good luck with your install!