Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kubota kx080-3 VS Bobcat E80

superdigger ยท 2013-02-05 12:04

Buying a 8 ton, need to sign papers this week on one or the other. Machines would be a 2012 KX080-3 vs a 2013 Bobcat E80-E85. Apparently bobcat is remodeling the E80 this year, some of the upgrades include: Auxiliary hydraulics off the floor to the joystick, float blade, keypad ignition, autoidle, upgraded interior. The new model may be called an E85, this is the machine I would be getting and the dealer would give me a rental E80 till the E85 came in... Pricing is close but bobcat is a little more due to the tier 4 regulations...

Replies9
  1. #1mxsledder2013-02-05 17:35

    I have had great luck with the kubota mini x's.. They are a joy to run and durability has been rock solid. I haven't had good luck with the bobcats.. I would no questions go with the kubota.

  2. #2buckfever2013-02-05 19:13

    I've never run a kubota but we do have a bobcat 442. This is the only, first, and last bobcat machine we will ever own. $250 dollars for a hydro. filter, $30 for a radiator cap, and $50 for the adap. to adjust the tracks. Plues the machines is a little slow for my liking but they may have changed that with the newer machines.

  3. #3jack3452013-02-05 22:46

    My local dealer sells both and I was able to run both machines side by side in same dirt pile. Kubota seemed smoother I would pick the Kx080.

  4. #4245dlc2013-02-05 23:16

    You'd probably get a better machine out of the Kubota, the Bobcat E-80 or 85 is actually a Doosan I've heard they are pretty slow and don't have much power.

  5. #5superdigger2013-02-06 17:02

    Starting to lean towards getting the kubota, as much as I`d love to buy from the same dealer as I have always delt with I think Kubota is the better machine...

  6. #6Colorado Digger2013-02-06 18:40

    I am a Bobcat guy and I would stay away from the E80. We demo'ed a 60 and didn't like it. The 55 is a beast. I know nothing of the Kubota, only that everyone that has them likes them. Sorry to not be alot of help but that 80 is a Doosan painted white. regards, cd

  7. #7Ace K2013-02-06 20:50

    I have a Kx-121-3 with just over 100hrs. So far so good! I looked at the Kx080,I have bigger machines, I needed smaller. I have the angle blade, wish it was the 6way. Travel pedals suck but I got over it, it is a mini after all. :beatsme If I dont wear the seat belt my butt pushes it into the thumb switch. The hoses have chafe protection like my Cat but the dealer installed the thumb without them . This is my first new excavator and I love it! It is fast, quiet, stronger than any comparable machine I rented. But what sold it was the dealer, he is the closest and I allready spent plenty of money with him on other machines.

  8. #8Mikez2013-02-14 16:29

    Hate to jump the thread, but too new to start one. I have an -80 that will not swing, motor engaes left to right with a "thunk" but no movement. Any help would be appreciated, again my apologies for jumping this thread.

  9. #9nedly052013-02-15 05:07

    I would go with the Kubota. We have a 121 that we have about 350 hrs on and we really like it. Its very fast and strong. The travel pedals are a little weird, but not a deal breaker. The only thing I can say that I don't like is that it seems a little light on track power, our deere mini has way more track power than the kubota. I have played with a 080 a little bit, it seemed like a nice machine. The operator loved it, said it would crane 4000 lbs easy.