Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX080-4S2 Adding a quick coupler

Dadnatron · 2024-08-20 16:46

I was able to find a Kubota KX080-4S2 with 400 hrs. Thumb Separate Auxiliary hydraulics Very clean. Downside is no quick coupler. And requires Kubota specific buckets/attachments. Use of this machine will be farm cleanup, farm type trenching, grading, and digging, fence line trees, etc. NOT day in day out pro excavation, etc. I think I'd prefer pin grabber style hydraulic quick coupler, as it seems like I see those connections on most rental attachments as well as at sales. I haven't really looked, but Kubota attachments don't seem to be as common. 1. What is your opinion on adding hydraulic quick coupler to my machine? What is your cost estimate in Lexington KY? 2. Would you go with a pin grabber type quick coupler? Geith makes one which looks interesting. Recommendations would be appreciated. 3. I like the option to have the 180° hydraulic tilt coupler, however its expensive and I really think the only point I'd actually use it would be on a grading bucket, and a hydraulic angle grading bucket would likely do everything I wanted, without pushing every bucket and attachment an additional 12" further out on the boom. 4. Would you do add a quick coupler? I'm Not likely to be switching out on a daily or multiple times a day, but I'm 55, and while I am very physically capable at the moment, I can see in 10-20 years, cussing the fact that I am out in the cold/heat trying to beat pins to switch buckets, etc. 4. Concerning an angle grading bucket... what is a 'good size' for my machine... but also what have you found to be a good 'useful' size. I've seen them up to 72", which seems pretty long and likely limiting, but I've never used one before. I was leaning towards 48". I suspect even if my machine can handle it, there is truly an upper limit of usefulness.

Replies0

No replies yet.