Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kubota kx101 r/h track doesnt respond

edenorchard ยท 2012-03-03 04:03

Hi all I have just bought a kubota kx101 5000 hours on it , it was delivered to my property and after about 20 minutes use I found that the right hand track isn't responding . Its making a sushsh noise from the final drive when i try to engage it . If I lift the left hand track off the ground on a slight slope the right track just rolls freely like there is no-one home. Any ideas anyone ... regards Matthew

Replies5
  1. #1jack3452012-03-03 11:29

    Odds are its the final drive on the side thats not moving.Did you purchase Kubota from dealer? Final drives are not cheap! Good luck.

  2. #2edenorchard2012-03-03 17:59

    No I bought it through an auction.I knew I was taking a gamble .Thanks for your reply jack345

  3. #3edenorchard2012-03-14 06:29

    Had the mech out today, pulled the cap off of the final drive. The oil was like goo. Found the spline on the main shaft worn so I hope to replace it and see how it goes. Matthew

  4. #4finaldrive2012-03-14 13:36

    My mate in NZ can help you with the repair and parts. Jeremy @ Travel Motors Direct

  5. #5jack3452012-03-14 23:21