I am considering a hybrid mower head for my 2005 KX121-3, and am having issues determining if my KX121-3 will support continuous flow to the Service Port. There seems to be documentation that the Port has "Action Modes", but mine does not seem to activate as described. I am trying to determine if my 2005 does not have this functionality, or if there is a problem with the excavator. See instruction picture. My service port switch seems to only have two modes - No Light, and Continuous light, no mode 3 or mode 4. The current thumb configuration works as intended. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Good day If you can post a hydraulic schematic for your machine along with the spec for the mower we may be able to give you more help. Kind regards Uffex
I guess I should revise my question to.......why doesnt my 2005 KX121-3 SS have the functionality outlined in the instructions for the Service Port Modes.....If I had the modes outlined in the instructions, the issue would be resolved as it is specific to the free flow option I am trying to solve for! Any thoughts?
I haven’t been on a kx121 in a long time, but as I recall there is no function to just ‘turn on’ continuous hydraulic flow. What you are looking at in mode 3 & 4 is for use with a hammer, and the oil flows only as long as you are holding the button. IIRC there is also a lever near the hyd tank you have to flip to dump oil back into the tank to make one way hyd work. With that all being said, unless you want to spend all day holding the button down I don’t think you’ll be happy with a mower on that machine.