Good Evening. I have a Kubota KX161-3 excatvator with aprox. 2800 hrs on it. A couple of weeks ago I noticed it seemed like it was loosing power. I though maybe fuel filter. Put a new fuel filter on it, bam seemed to run fine. Since then, started another job and after it ran for a while and got to operating temperature, started to bog down and blow puffs of black smoke. I changed filters again, changed fuel line from tank to pump, and cleaned tank out. Started using it today, ran perfect for about 20 minutes. Then started puffing black smoke and as always, smells almost like raw fuel. Has anyone seen anything like this? Not sure what to check next. Thanks
Water separator assembly inlet elbow?
Good day Water is prone to damage injection equipment may be worth while getting the rest of the system checked out. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks for the help guys. I checked the blockage areas today. It is pumping fuel good. I started using it this morning and it is still running rough and smoke smells like raw fuel. I cracked the injectors loose one by one and one of the cylinders doesn't change its tune. I think I am going to at least take them out tomorrow and have them pop tested. Still not sure why it seems to be worse when it is at operating temp.