Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX91-3 Heater

donald noel ยท 2018-05-17 08:30

Hi everyone, new here and new to excavator ownership. Been reading this site and it's fantastic. Now I have what's probably my first of many questions... The cab heater fan has a loud rattle at low/high speeds and looking at the Kubota parts catalog, they don't seem to sell just the fan but the whole heater box. And its over $800. Has anyone pulled the unit and replaced just the fan and cage?

Replies1
  1. #1Natman2018-05-17 08:55

    Before giving Kubota $800.00 I'd go down to a wrecking yard and modify one out of a junked car. Easier said then done but $800.00?! It'd be just generic fan etc. in there, one good outfit I've used for years for a lot of stuff is www.surpluscenter , great service and prices. Free catalog, and I know they have farm/construction equipment type heat exchangers plus fans, and even complete put together heaters you just plumb in, and not for $800.00!