Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota L 48 TLB

lamarbur ยท 2004-10-02 08:05

Spent over two years looking for a L 48 model in the general New England area and finally gave up looking as I picked up my new L 48 yesterday in Maybrook New York.. Had a Mahindra with 11ft hoe, sold it, and now have what I've wanted for a long time.. This machine has the mechanical quick attach on the how w/ 12/24 buckets, third valve, SSL front attach and a new Diamond power angle snow plow.. I expect to get many years service out of this machine and will get working it later next week.

Replies8
  1. #1Steve Frazier2004-10-02 19:55

    Gee, lamarbur, you were in my neck of the woods! What route did you take to get to 84? I'll bet you were pretty close in passing!:waving

  2. #2lamarbur2004-10-02 20:07

    I live a hundred or so feet off 84 myself. Just a 150 miles from Maybrook. I asked the dealer to do the swap in Maybrook as I use to frequent the truck stop there in my tractor trailer days.. It wasn't a T.A. then, forget the name, but nice people and good service. The dealer wnet two hundred miles and I did 150, so for both of us, it worked out superbly.

  3. #3nobull12004-10-02 23:28

    Some pic's would be nice.Thought you might have had some at TBN.

  4. #4lamarbur2004-10-03 07:44

    I had just finished loading this.. The power angle plow is on the tractor, bucket is in my P/U bed along with everything needed for the first 50 hr service. In the mounted hoe bucket is the other 12" bucket safety wired together..

  5. #5nobull12004-10-03 09:06

    Nice machine.That plow looks pretty impressive what's the size, hard to tell from the pic.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2004-10-03 11:37

    It is a nice looking machine! I've always thought Diamond made a tough plow, I had 2 of them with very few problems. Looks like plowing will be a cold activity on that rig though!:eek2 lamarbur, if you do snow removal or even if it's just your own place, you might want to click on the site I've got listed in my signature.

  7. #7lamarbur2004-10-03 21:16

    NoBull, the plow is 90 inch wide by 28 tall, and power angle.. All they did was cut off the tangs and replace it with a SSL plate.. THis is Diamonds new plow for skid steer type machines..

  8. #8BRL2004-10-03 23:39

    Congrats & best of luck with the new machine! I've rented them in that size range (not sure exact model to say) & they were great to use. Keep us posted when the fun begins.