I was looking at the mini Ex tonight and figuring out if I can get it in my garage (like to do all my major service and clean up in the winter and the heated garage is sort of nice). I notice I can fit it in the garage except for the two loops on the top. I can't figure out what they are for or why they are there? Any idea what they are? If I cut the weld, grind it smooth and touch up the paint it will JUST clear the garage door and I can get it in.
My theory is for lifting the cab/rops when assembling the excavator.
That maybe a good theory! I sure can't figure out what they would be there for other than preventing me from getting it in the garage!
I can't see a reason not to remove them, aside from modifying a safety devise or some such. My KX121-3 had those, my KX057's are made a bit differently.
ROPS removal points.....I quick tap or two with your disk grinder will cut those welds at the base so you can save them and remount them later if needed. For what it is worth, I have never had to remove the ROPS and I have owned multiple Mini's over the years. Cut them off and store them in a safe place for a rainy day down the road....
Kubota mx told me they are used to lift the ROP off the machine when full engine access is needed.
Perfect -thanks! If I have to lift it off I can always run a strap around it. Well worth it to be able to get it in the garage from time to time. THANKS again everyone
No more roof surfing...