Finished up this job down by the sea side and took a picture.
nice!!! makes going to work a little less painfull
Nice.... I have a Kubota KH-033 and it lives by the sea as well. Have you had any issues regarding loss of hydraulic power with yours?
Yeah I read your question in this thread and no my Kub has had no hyd issues, however it seems like you know the difference between the open and ring end of a spanner, so if I told you to check for hyd pressure at the test port, you would have some idea of what I am talking about. If you don't have access to a gauge or the machine is not equipped with a test port, you can take out the test port and start the machine. This is a very dangerous thing and should not be done unless you know what you are doing, if the pump is working, hyd oil will come out of there at a very high pressu8re and volume, make sure you take precautions. If you have pressure coming out of the pump then I would suggest the main relief valve may be stuck open. Air locks? No, not really, especially not if the hyd tank is above the pump. Anyway first thing is to establish whether your pump is pumping.
Thanks for the reply. I did crack a line fitting at the furthest away ram and got nothing but a little spit of air. I think it is still a supply issue. There is a supply manifold/pipe that runs from the tank, across the back of the engine compartment with 3 hose fittings - 1 for each pump. The manifold is about 2 1/2" in diameter and could't be in a more inconvenient place to get at. Now that I have established that the screen in the tank is now clean, I will have to go after this manifold. Because it is difficult to access, I was hoping not to have to..... Away for the next week, will tackle it when we return.