RTV 900 Diesel, 50 hrs old. I notice the temp gauge fluctuates between operating temp and red. Sometimes it jump all the way up to maxed out hot. Its really weird cuz it has a sort of rhythm. It bumps up and down on about a 3 second interval sometimes, as if its connected to a timer. When its pegged hot, turning on the lights can make it drop to normal sometimes, sometimes not. I did a little investigating. The temp gauge has 4 leads. Pos 12V, neg 12V, sense, and a pos 12v lead from the light switch. The temp sensor has a single spade terminal. It obviously senses resistance to ground. Disconnecting the lead at the sensor, and hooking up a digital ohm meter, to it and the neg bat terminal, I see I have readings fluctuating all over the place, between 10 and 110 ohms when the engine is at operating temp. I'm thinking the sensor is faulting to ground. What do you think? Ken
That does sound like an electrical issue to me. I would imagine with 50hrs that should be covered by warranty.