Hi, I just bought a kubota RX 301 mini excavator- I am looking for some info and feedback, I cant seem to find a dealer that will service this or get me parts, I also need manuals for this machine. The machine runs great and digs fine- I was looking for specs on this machine- such as how much can it lift? There is a hook on the bucket- I was hoping to use this machine to dig small dry wells. Any info on this machine would be a big help. Thanks:usa
I have a RX-302, no idea what the difference is between the 1 and 2, mine works fine, had to do a few fix up jobs on it to get it right, still got a few more to do - but thats the nature of anything earthmoving, you never ever finish. They are supposed to be 3 tonne machines, so basically it lifts whatever other 3 tonners will lift. I put a static thumb on mine and it lifts logs that make the machine tip, say 2-3ft round and 10ft long, so a big heavy hardwood gum tree log. I run the bucket close to or on the ground when I'm doing this, and I'm not going far or hard. So the balance of the machine is the critical indicator>>>for me anyway. Generally you won't be able to pick up a rock in a 600mm bucket that will tip the machine, I haven't yet. I've moved rocks that were bigger, dragged and pushed, but they were too big to fit in the bucket. But I have to say, I'm no expert,and I'm not driving commercially, so others may read and crimge at what I do. The reason that your Kubota agent won't look at the machine is because it is a grey import. I have the same issue in Australia, you have to nearly have the broken part in your hand and then go to the shop so they can check and compare. You should be able to find somebody that specialises in grey import machines and then use them for all your needs. Manuals are hard to come by, they were originally written only in japanese.
Hi trident150v, thanks for the info- I am having my fiances brothers wife (she is from japan) trying to get me the manuals on this machine- she went back to japan for a visit- I gave her all the info on the machine- she said that the machine is old and the dealers over there only have the info on the computer- so they are going to email her the mauals- if and when I get them I will email you a copy if you like- I know they are not written in english, but they do have pictures and numbers. I used the 301 to lift my bobcat trailer which weighs about 3,500 lbs- I had to drop the blade because the machine started to tip- I got new tracks for it but have not put them on yet. I have also dug out 2 decent size stumps on my property- but the real test will come in a week and a half- I am installing a cement dry well. Not a big one it is 4 feet around and about 4 feet high. It weighs about 1850 lbs. The funny thing is this is what I dont do for a living- I help run a busy auto repair shop. I will keep you updated.
Thanks heaps, I'd appreciate any manual copy, they are like kubota gold. Let me know how you go. Lifting 3500lbs is a big load, very imressive. But keep a close eye on your boom and bosses around the pins for stress fractures/cracks because you are asking your 301 to do a lot. Do you set your push blade every time before you start working with it? You probably can't run with your bucket low with what you are lifting because you'd be using slings, chains etc I slung a concrete culvert approach in place around a 400mm pipe I had under my road and I was positioned on a slight downhill when i did it, but it worked OK. I can't see too much danger in doing this because the machine starts to tip forward and you load comes to rest on the ground and you stop tipping, so I just ease the boom back and its all good. I don't do it for a living either, I'm actually a Hydrographer, but I have a 25 acre block out of town that I'm building on.
Yair . . . tridentt150v I have to ask . . . do you live very far from the local shop? Cheers
Hey scrub puller, define local shop?. If you mean my local Kubota agent then yeah, couple hundred kilometres guessing. But I have a local heavy machinery shop in town. They are really helpful, let me work out of their workshop when I need to do repairs etc. But I have to get it floated into town first. I ring the Kubota agent and give them stamped on numbers along with any measurements I can make. They are actually willing to help, but have nil parts books or anything to reference bits to. So they have no idea what size or model part I need. Thankfully only chased them for a few small things like airfilters and stuff. Did talk to them about my hydraulic pump, but they needed to see it so they could match it from the database. I didn't have it out [and it ended up not being the problem anyway]. So although they say they won't help and play hardball on their website, I have actually not seen that when I've phoned and talked to them, which is much appreciated. After all I didn't import the machine, and I'm not the first owner, so I'm just another Kubota owner looking for support. Their attitude makes me want to buy Kubota again, so if I ever upgrade...................
Yair . . . tridentt150v When I saw your location as Royston Vasey I thought I'd play along a bit . . . "The League of Gentlemen" was it, that TV show? . . . is there really a place called Royston Vasey? Cheers.
Sorry, I'm slow, I missed the reference [and should have got it....duh] And I know of no place called Royston Vasey except the League of Gentlemen black comedy TV series. It was a top show, they don't make them like that any more.
Yair . . . tridentt150v Gotcha mate, no worries. (he grins) Cheers.
I also have a RX301 and I would also appreciate a manual (even a Japanese copy). I would really, really appreciate a Parts Book so that I can match up my parts to the numbers. It is crazy of Kubota is not supplying any help, they lose a lot of money and good will, by not supplying easily available parts for these machines. Anyway...if you do manage to get a copy please remember me
I have parts books for many grey market machines. Email me at [email protected]
Is there a 2 speed on the rx 301