I am getting an error code E9100 on my Kubota SVL 90-2. It is coming in for a second then clearing, it does this a every few minutes. any one know what may be causing this ? '
Rpm sensor issue.
Thank you heymccall I will try to check the Rpm sensor and wiring if I can find it before I contact the dealer.
There is no rpm sensor it gets the rpm from the crankshaft position sensor. I took it out and cleaned it and also the electrical connector. looks like that took care of it, used the machine all day yesterday and it did not come on.. Thanks again heymccall for the info.
Guys, hate to resurrect this, but seems related. I’m also seeing a e9211 code, not on that chart. Im on a skid steer with no response from engine speed pot. Model SVL 95-2S
Disregard. Tossed a starter disable code so I’m done with it. Everywhere I check I need Kubota software just to reset it.
DOC code
heymccall, thanks for that. The dealer is telling me that my original code was like E:9100 or something. I was rushed and did not take notes or pics. That is RPM sensor or as above, the crank position sensor. The dealer tech disagrees. He insists that there must be rodent damage to wiring under the floor panel. After that is fixed, the other codes will clear themselves. I have my doubts. I said I heard that their software must be used to reset codes, but he says no. If I can't get this going tomorrow morning, I have 3 weeks. Operator is going out of state. I didn't get the 9214 code.
I "borrowed" the image. 9211 is on there. Ignore the red highlights.
hmmmm
Oh, gotcha! No problem. Our local Kubota dealer doesn't have a real field tech, so I'm supposed to bring this machine to them if I can't get it going. They seem to be more focused on Agriculture equipment anyway, so not sure they know what they are talking about. The owner of the machine actually dropped in (he owns a lot of Kubota equipment so they treat him welll) and I was third party on a phone call during the discussion. Since this is a no-start track machine, I have to lift it and put it on a trailer, which I can do but it's a lot of trouble, and I'm not so sure they have a way to lift it off anyway. I'm glad it's not stuck out in the woods. It's in the wide open. When the 9100 code popped up, the operator had enough sense to bring it out and park it where it's easy to get to. Right next to a Komatsu they broke they eye off one of the cylinders, and broke a bucket pin, and other parts of the bucket mount. Looks like they factory friction welded the eye on the ram. Will be an interesting repair. I'm going for it. I'll put up documentary photos of the process on that one. Meanwhile I have to figure out why anyone would adjust a over-center clutch on a Bandit 3680 so tight you cannot disengage it. That just became the priority job, since our Vermeer 4000 grinder imploded. It never ends. Can't find much documentation on that Bandit, so we're trying to get something from the factory on the exact procedure. I have the breakover torque spec, somewhere over 650 ft/lb, but that is a long way from where it came to us at. I don't think two men could change the engagement lever right now, and I backed off the clutch adjustment significantly. I wasn't present, but they cranked it, and the mill started along with the engine, a minute or less after one of the guys was all up in the mill and feedwheel. Bad habits some of these guys have.
heymccall, I'm back on this thing. I'll provide more machine info. Model SLV95-2S SN 32339 Engine No. 2GJ1949 PIN JKUC0953H01S32339 Same situation. Local Kubota, who deals more in agriculture, and does not have a field tech, insists there is rodent damage under the floorboard where the accelerator pedal is wired in. 20 or so bolts later, I'm looking a lot of dirt build up, but no sign of rodents at all, no wiring damage. So, I'm back to working through the codes, primarily the E:9100 RPM Sensor Circuit. Bad sensor, bad wiring, or ECM issue? I don't a lot of time for this, so if I can't get it going I'm going to trailer it to the dealer and let them deal with it, and btw, they still say no software needed to clear codes. But they won't say how, other than when the problem is fixed, the codes won't appear. Going to be hard to tell if the problems are fixed since I cannot start it due to the start inhibit being set. So I figure it will end up at the dealer. I can lift it onto a trailer and take it in, but they can't unload it. If they are willing to work on while it's on my trailer, fine....doubt that though. Is this one where I can unbolt the drive sprockets and freewheel the tracks and simply roll it off the trailer for them? Or should i just replace the crank position sensor, twist their arm, reaching for the little grease to get one of their guys to sneak by after hours and reset it for me so I can at least crank it? Open for ideas. Got bigger fish to fry at the moment to spend much time on it right now. The project it's on is pretty much on hold because the main operator is out of town on another job for 3 weeks or so, but I'd like to have it fixed for him when he gets back.
Pages 1-5 and 1-13 show the two "rpm" sensors. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IQFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2m28lLsRz_vS7TRrW8-SG0
One of these codes refers to DOC system. The machinist living in my brain can't get away from "Depth of Cut". I have not spotted what the DOC system is. I wish I had known it was going into shutdown. I would like to put a scope on the output of the crank sensor.
Diesel Oxidation Catalyst. https://dieselemissionsservice.com/...esel-oxidation-catalyst-on-a-diesel-engine-2/ Most DOC "failures" are not the DOC itself, but one of the sensors that relay its status to the ECM. A DOC's status (performance) is calculated by a interpreting the data from a pre-DOC NoX sensor, and a post-DOC NoX sensor. By measuring NoX (Oxides of Nitrogen) before and after the gasses passing thru the DOC, its efficiency can be verified (by the ECM). If a sensor fails (and skewed output is the most common, not "open" or "shorted"), the ECM flags a DOC code.
So, after reading that, the DOC code probably resulted from the E:9100 fault. It was definitely running rough and dirty. Probably just need to clean that sensor. Or at least it sounds worth a try. So, with this knowledge, I will probably replace the crank sensor, clean the DOC sensor, and see of they will at least come out and clear my codes and see if that fixed it. If not, I'll move it to them. We have other skidsteers, including a couple of nice Cats, so it's not that it's killing us. Just hate to let the repairs stack up. Thanks heymccall..you've helped!
I guess I meant those sensors, the NOx sensors. I've had decent success with that before when they start giving bad reads after a little rich running or something short term and temporary. I actually found where I can buy the Diagmaster software for this, with a download .exe and a dongle in the mail, but that particular buy doesn't come with a cable set. I suppose that's where they really get you. What I found was less than a grand, so if I can find a cable kit, I might get it. Works on a few other makes too, so might be worth having. We've had emission related codes pop up on a hoe, and ended up chasing it all over but ended up on both NOx sensors. But it was Volvo, and we had a friendly enough tech to walk us through the process, so I understand how it works, at least on Volvo. This can't be much different. Although I never tried cleaning the sensors on it. I should have, they don't just give those away.