Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL 95, No start

Calum_23 · 2025-01-09 11:12

Morning, I have a 17 SVL95 -2S with a V3800T in the shop that came in for a delete, however customer had just rebuilt the engine and it was having starting issues. Initially it would start for a second and splutter. Did the initial fuel checks, filters, supply pressure all ok. I have diagmaster and there were no active codes, old codes were present but generally all related to the emissions. Checked wiring around the PCV, seemed fine until I disconnected it and plugged it back in and then it would not start at all, no smoke out the exhaust or anything so no fuel at the injectors, verified this by cranking with the main supply line post HP pump cracked and zero fuel was coming out, there was a small amount of fuel pressure in the rail but this was only from the return. There is lots of fuel being supplied to the HP pump from the low pressure pump but its as if the solenoid on top of the HP pump isnt opening it and allowing pressure to build in the rail. Since customer had re-built the engine I removed the front cover and verifed engine timing was correct, he also installed new injectors but never put trim codes in so that was done also, new HP pump was installed since the solenoid on top cannot be bought seperately. Re-assembled and exact same issue..... I doubt its the injectors since fuel isnt even getting there, all my start signals are active but still no fuel post HP pump and I have zero active codes Anyone every come across this ? I am mostly a CAT, JD tech so not too much experience with Kubota. Thanks

Replies12
  1. #1reganj2025-01-09 21:14

    Methinks since you used the word delete you will not get many responses if any, I have been proven wrong before on many occasions.

  2. #2Calum_232025-01-10 14:13

    Ahh fair enough, forgot I live in the free province lol. It is not deleted yet, you cant unless it running correctly and free of codes. Are you guys down south really that scared of the 'D' word ??

  3. #3Nige2025-01-10 14:25

    This subject has been brought up before. The fact is that HEF was founded, and is hosted, in the US where tampering with federally-mandated exhaust aftertreatment systems is illegal. On that basis the forum owners’ stance is that for potential liability reasons it is not a subject for discussion. You’re not the first to come across this. See this thread as an example. HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4Calum_232025-01-10 14:34

    Fair enough, to be clear though this unit is not deleted and I am not asking anyone how to do it. My fault for putting that in my initial description I guess

  5. #5Nige2025-01-10 14:41

    Don’t worry you weren’t to know.

  6. #6mcmw2025-01-14 17:03

    I have a similar issue in my shop with a SVL95-2S. New HP pump, new rail, new injectors, no active fault codes. I'm curious as to the solution for this issue.

  7. #7Calum_232025-01-14 17:35

    I would love to tell you but I have not figured it out yet lol, Im leaning towards the ECM being the issue. If I disconnect the PCV I don't get any codes either, white wire has 2.5v and black/red has around 0.4v which does not seem like a normal voltage to operate a solenoid unless its registered in Ma, Ohm'd out wires from ecm to the PCV plug and it read around 0.1ohms Curious as to what the initial symptoms were on your unit ?

  8. #8mcmw2025-01-14 18:22

    Customer said the unit just quit and wouldn’t start back up. He replaced injectors and had the DPF cleaned. Said it started up and immediately went into a loooooong regen cycle. Ran it for a few hours and shut it down, no restart. I got it in my shop and rail pressure was low. Replaced rail and pressure came up about 200 psi to around 2700 psi. Replaced the HP supply pump, now it’s up to over 4700 psi while cranking and it will surge to 7000psi, hit a few times and drop the pressure back down to 2700 psi or so. No codes with laptop, but I don’t see camshaft position sensor signal while cranking. No codes if I disconnect it while cranking. If I disconnect crankshaft sensor while cranking, it throws a P1275 code for pump locking up. I’ve tried a borrowed ECM, pulled engine harness to ECM and checked resistance in EVERY wire needed to start, no issues found so far. At this point, I’m pulling after treatment and checking for damage or anything.

  9. #9dmo52025-08-21 22:33

    Did yall ever get the problems figured out? I have a SVL95-2 doing the exact same thing

  10. #10Legdoc2025-08-21 23:43

    While I can't help any of you with this problem I sure am glad all of my equipment including the SVL-90 has no after treatment BS.

  11. #11Nige2025-08-22 07:14

    Reliability-wise Kubota engine ECMs are known to be problematical. The Kubota-powered Cat skid-steer machines ssuffer in exactly the same way. The use of a known good ECM from another Kubota V3300 engine for a test would likely be the best way of eliminating the ECM as the cause of the no start condition.

  12. #12glenc2025-12-29 14:06

    I have a machine with only 1750 psi while cranking and no start, you changed the low pressure pump and that brought the high pressure up and then did it start?