Looking to upgrade our fleet so we demoed a new SVL75-2 this week. While there was a lot I liked about it, one issue I have with it is I feel that the noise level in the cab was quite loud. Much louder than Bobcat or Cat machines. Have any of you noticed this? Anyone with one of these try adding any sound deadening? I know it's a little thing, but I don't know that I would want to spend lots of long days in one of these as is.
I have had a SVL75-2 for around 6 months. Had a Car 257B before. The noise in the cab was the first thing I noticed when operating the Kubota. The Dealer says its normal. I have a radio in mine but cant listen to it while working.
I guess if that is its biggest fault, you should be happy. Buy some good quality hearing protection and don't look back!
I don't take that as a small issue. If it is soo loud that you cant use the radio, that is not a healthy environment. Everyone's machines run, you don't need to subject yourself to that kind of environment. Putting on ear pro to run a cabbed unit in 2018 is BS. I would not endure that to run a very average machine.
Looking at a 95 at the moment! Was this noise level all the time or just with door up??? My 90 ant that bad but its first gen with swing door! I know for sure the roll up doors rattle to heck when up!!
do you have an enclosed cab, or unenclosed cab? I run a SVL-75 with an unenclosed cab, fairly new, with 5200 hrs on it, and the noise doesn't really bother me, unless it is in 2nd gear, then the whining and clicking of the tracks get on your nerves once in a while. Is it a new, or used skidtrack you are looking at?
Door up or down didn't seem to matter. Only time it changed much was by opening the rear portion of the side windows. Then it was much louder.
Machine was new with enclosed cab. Didn't seem to matter which gear, whine was the same. Sales guy knows this and travel speed are common complaints.
I know. Wish my 75 went a little faster @ times. My suggestion, buy some good earmuffs, weak enough that you can still hear the machine, but strong enough to the point where background noise doesn't bother you.
What if the dealer gave you the ear muffs when you bought the machine? What if the dealer said thanks for the check for 55K (or whatever they bring), hands you the keys to you new machine and then tosses you a set of moderately effective ear muffs (Kubota branded) and said "Your gonna want these, unless you want Tinnitus on your medical history". What your saying is that ridiculous.
I have a 90-2 and I don't find it loud at all, moves pretty quick in high speed too...I've never been in a 75 though, can't belive the cab is that different from a 90
The cab is likely the same. The difference is changes in engine, hyd pumps and so forth can be quite different from a 90hp machine to a 75 hp machine.
on my gehl ctl70 (takeuchi tl140), i put sound deadening on the backside of the floor panels and cab back and bottom. i just did it real quick, and only put the material where there was no factory foam. it made it go from loud to tolerable. not super quiet. was worth it. if i wanted better sound absorbtion, i would have had to remove the factory foam sound deadener which was glued or stickied on. but that would have been a big job.
Wow yeah demoed kubota ctl...i have 3 kubota hoes and love em....so thought i would try a kubota....they are 2-3 generations behind main brands....kind like the t 300 bobcats....kubota was very loud...and quite weak on aux hydraulics...on 75...the 90 was all fine except noise...
My 75-2 is way more noisy than my old 257B. I guess its because the Cat had the ASV suspension and the Kubota has a rigid suspension. The hydraulic noise from the drive motors just telegraphs up to the cab. Engine is quiet.
I put 5hrs on our new 95... motor/hydro noise isn't bad at all, but the roll up door rattles like a bell!!! Gonna adjust the rubber blocks to make things tighter and see how that goes??? Otherwise the machine is a powerhouse!!
Our company traded cat 257D with cab for a svl75-2. Have about 150hrs now and omg is it loud. The radio is worthless because you can not hear it. It’s almost to the point that you would want war plugs. On a job site now with large JD dozers and our D6 dozer and that svl75 is the loudest thing out there
I just picked up a new svl75wc. The motor isn’t bad, no door or window rattle but there is an aggravating buzz from the hydro motor at mid rpms. Right at about half throttle. A little under or a little over and it doesn’t do it. Sounds like a loose shield. Lifted the cab but it’s not. Comes from pump.