Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL90-2 seat switch

Tags ยท 2018-11-12 20:41

I was wondering if anyone has "jumped" the seat switch on a Kubota SVL90-2? Or installed a toggle switch to turn it on or off. Too many times I've been running it and if I'm backing up an incline Ill be looking behind me and i must take some weight off the seat and it will stop the machine instantly, can't be good for any components. Its also happened if I'm leaning forwards to see something, but not often. I didn't know if it can be "jumped" or if it has power going to it, I really don't want to blow up the CPU. Oh, and I am aware that this "lawyer switch" is there for a reason, mostly so Kubota doesn't get sued I imagine, but the machine can't move until the parking brake is released and that can't be done until the arm bars are put down, once the arm bars are raised, it applies the brakes, and I'm the only operator....

Replies2
  1. #1StumpyWally2018-11-15 15:56

    Tags...I share your pain!! I've experienced the same crap on my NH-L220, but I have not (yet) decided to defeat the seat switch. Last spring a mouse chewed almost thru one of the wires on my seat switch, such that the machine would start, but the brake wouldn't unlock nor would any of the drive or hydraulic functions work. Took me a while to find the chew thru location!! However, I did defeat the seat belt switch (has a seat belt instead of a lap bar), because that was even more of a PIA!! Here's my post on that (goto to post #7): HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2ianholt1502018-11-16 11:06

    just unplugged mine, and closed the circuit with a jumper wire, and wrapped it in some electrical tape, and fired her up, and now it idles, even if no-one is in the cab