Hi All, I own an old 3 ton Kubota excavator which has a leaking track adjuster - from reading as many related posts on this site as I could, I gather I will need to remove the adjuster and repair leaking seals etc. On looking at the operators manuals and everything I can see on the net, I am mystified how I would get to it. Any one have any experience or knowledge on where to start? My model is a K030 (very similar to the KX91-2). At the moment I am thinking that the track has to come off, then the idler wheel removed and then perhaps the Adjuster might be able to be pulled out (ort not!). I am hoping though that a few bolts would remove the side cover and I would get to it much easier. Looking at what seems to be attached to the side cover - this is not looking likely. Thanks in advance for any thoughts Cheers Peter Kuranda QLD Australia
Welcome to HEF ozfossil. :usa I can't address the K030 specifically, but I doubt it is very much unlike any other track machine, and if that's the case you're pretty much spot on. Open the valve that lets grease pressure out of the adjuster, grab the top of the track with a small chain, hook the chain to the bucket and lift the track to retract the adjuster. Once everything is slack, pop the track off. The idler and frame typically comes out of the track frame with little effort, as well as the grease adjuster cylinder. It's typically not a terribly hard task.
To get a parts break down log on to http://www.messicks.com/ they will have Kubota Kx91-2 parts..looks like track , idler, & adjuster has to come off to get to seals.On my Kubota track removal is easy- just lift side with bucket put blocks under frame- back off on grease zerk seat (lot of grease will now come out and track is loose). If you can get your hands on a manual it would very helpful . Good luck
Awesome ..... what else can I say ! Thanks Willie and Jack - your information was gold - I am now in a strong position to solve this problem. I hope I can reciprocate in some way..... Cheers and thanks Peter Kuranda QLD Australia (near Cairns) for you guys in the US
(near Cairns) for you guys in the US [/QUOTE] Great place , been there. Good on ya mate!
Hi everybody, I looking for Kubota K-030-3 service/ and parts manuals, could you please help me. It is very important, thanks.
K30 manual Hi - did you get a manual yet? From memory I was chasing one several years ago and I found one online - I am not sure where I saved it - but if you need it I will have a look for it in my back ups etc. I have not worked on my excavator for ages Cheers Peter
Hi Peter, I have not manuals yet. I search in the net, but nothing... .The thruth is that my colleague dismantled this machine. About 1-2 months... and now just wondering, what is this and this one.....and this one..... If you can help me I will be happy thank you for your help