It's winter here and I'm not using my Kubota kx080 to often but the last couple of times I used it one of the tracks has lost its tension. I'm guessing it's a bad seal in the tentioner? Are they hard to rebuild? I have never done it before.
Anybody? Anyone know if any special tools are required?
Shouldn't need any special tools. Pop the track off, pull the front idler out, and then pull the recoil assembly off and re and re the seals.. Just check the rod as the chrome may need to be polished or replaced.. What part of Ontario are you from?
Put a block of wood a couple of track pads, under the pad, behind the idler. Spilt the chain with the master pin on the drive sprocket. The sprocket teeth will help hold the chain if you have to pound the pin out. I am fixin' to have to do the same to my CAT E70's left tensioner. hugs, Brandi
Thank you for your replies. Dk88 I am from eastern Ontario. Yourself? Bindian I probably should have mentioned that it has rubber tracks.
Got'cha. I forgot there is rubber in the world since I got my CAT with 24 inch steel tracks. hugs, Brandi
work out of Toronto but within 250 km of there at any time, any direction.
I got the track tensioner all fixed up. It is a fairly easy job. Easier that I would have ever thought. Remove track. Pull out idler then the tensioner. Replace the chrome rod, seals and o ring and put it all back together. If I had to do it again it would probably take about two hours