Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota U35-4 Auxiliary Lighting Question

TYLERMIMS ยท 2015-10-23 22:32

New to the forum and am impressed with the wealth of information here. I purchased a new U35-4 2 weeks ago and have searched the forums but cannot find any information relating to this. I am looking to add a switch so I can run my boom light independently from the cab lights. Picked up a Rigid flood light that came with the harness and switch, which will be replacing the factory halogen light. I am assuming I will have to add a fuse, but am basically clueless as to anything else? Thank you for any input!

Replies4
  1. #1Tags2015-10-24 10:00

    Find the fuse block and more than likely there will be a spare or auxiliary fuse that's not being used. If you hunt around in the cab a bit and follow the wiring harnes you may find a spare wire that may be used as well, they usually have one for a radio or a beacon light. You may also be able to tap into the "cigarette lighter" wiring as well

  2. #2TYLERMIMS2015-10-24 15:02

    Was thinking about this today. Any chance I could splice into the positive prior to the factory light switch, run that to the Rigid switch, back into factory boom harness, and the same for negative?

  3. #3Tags2015-10-24 19:08

    Probably, you just want to make sure you don't overload the circuit or the fuse may constantly blow. You probably wouldn't need to worry about that if you used LED lights

  4. #4TYLERMIMS2015-10-27 22:07

    Has anybody else attempted this or something similar?