Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota U55-4 Damaged Engine Cover Looking for Parts

Allan M · 2023-03-09 17:58

Groan. While back grading on one of the mountain roads I've been cutting I felt a couple of bumps. Yes, bent the heck out of the engine cover panel. As you can see in the first pic I had to cut down about 10' on the hillside given the extreme slope to keep on virgin ground. This has left a lot of big tree roots exposed high up on the bank...which contributed to the damage when I came in close for grading. I don't think this is something a body shop would straighten and paint. Any thoughts on where I might locate a good used or, if necessary, new body panel. The good news is that no engine components were damaged underneath the body panel. Thanks for suggestions.

Replies8
  1. #1Acoals2023-03-09 18:25

    New comes from Kubota, used from a junkyard such as Vanderhaags. Or just do what 8 out of 10 contractors would do; huff about it for a day, yell at the guy who did it, complain to the wife about careless employees, and leave it. As long as it opens and closes and stays shut . . .

  2. #2Tags2023-03-09 18:36

    I would leave it alone until you’re done grading your road out, and then I would look for a good used one…

  3. #3CM19952023-03-09 18:45

    FWIW the same side cover for my 305E2 is $1400.

  4. #4Briar Fox2023-03-29 13:02

    If it’s just aesthetic, I wouldn’t worry about it. As a ground guy, I’d be hesitant to get too close with that scar

  5. #5Acoals2023-03-29 13:07

    It's almost $2,000 for my 305C . . .

  6. #6CM19952023-03-29 19:22

    $1374.97 + theftation so closer to $1500 OTD. That's crazy the C model cost another $500 bucks.

  7. #7Acoals2023-03-29 19:40

    When did you price yours? I have noticed that Cat parts prices have in some cases doubled in the last two years. The radiator on that 305C was between 5 and 6 hundred in 2020, it is $1100 now.

  8. #8CM19952023-03-29 19:52

    A couple of minutes ago.