hey all, would any of you know where i could find a used or reconditioned final drive for a kubota 121-2? I'm not looking to forward to buying a new one,..............$4500can....argh....cough......... but this so far is the only option for kubota. all i really need is the planetary and housing, the motor it self is good. the gaers are munched and crunched. :Bangheadlol. i'll have to post some pics.:canada
I don't have an answer for you, but curious as to how many hours and what you think caused the problem.
hey Nobull, Our kubota has 3406 hrs on it. It is a 2000 year. there is 4 little bolts that hold some sort of cams to the inside of the houseing. looks like they backed out. i'm going to pull the other side apart, and check and retighten on the other side. Its been a great little toy. We bought with about 2600 hrs on it. I'm going to wait for a week to see if I have any luck on finding a used final drive. If not, its of I go to the dealership. :dizzy
I would call a couple of dealers in the US to see if the price with exchange might be a little cheaper. With a item that much money maybe even a dealer in Canada will discount the price some. Curious with that many hours what type of condition the pins, bushings and whatever are holding up like. Other than the drive what areas have you found to be the weak points?
There is a member on here called Finaldrive, for very good reason Search him out and check a few of his posts I am sure hes the man you need to talk to.
Nobll, this machine was an ex rental, so u can imagine what kind of hell it went through. Ive had to change almost all of the bushings. The 2 main pins and bushings for swinging the boom side to side were really bad. I also have changed all the bottem rollers. Most of this was most likely due to lack of maitenance and abuse. I bought for a good price 2 yrs ago, so i dont mind throwing some money back into it. lol Atlas, I'll hunt down final drive , see what kind of leads i can get.Thanks
Thanks for the referral, I'll be able to help for sure.
I'm in the middle of totally over hauling a KX121-2 for a costomer at the minute, every thing from all new U/C parts, every pin and bush and an all new paint job! i'l post some pics when its done!
cps, That is kind of what I have been doing too, just not all at once. I'm really happy with it .I built a hyd. thumb for it last summer. looking forward to the pics. Atlas, thanks for the tip with final drive,He was quick with a reply. I owe you :drinkup.....lol This site is awesome:notworthy
I rented a couple Kubota's before I bought my first Takeuchi. The 121 blew a final drive, had 1200 +- hours on it. Dealer who was letting rent it said 4-6 weeks to get a new final drive and $2500 +-, so I'd have to rent elsewhere for a while.:Banghead I bought a Tak after that. Figured anything I had to wait 4-6 weeks for parts for I didn't want to own. I imaging Kubota has gotten better now with the number of machines out there. I'd reconsider one especially with the angle blade. Has the track motor fluid been maintained? I drain mine every spring and use Amsoil in the track motors. Any that I have drained with dino fluid always were rancid smelling nasty looking oil. Found the Amsoil doesn't make me hurl when I drain them.
I have 2 two-speed final drives from my KX-61-2. They came with my excavator. They were replaced with single speed model when a spring came loose inside one of them. (twice)
So you have 2 extra KX-61-2 final drives? Why did they get replaced with a single speed model? The two-speed version are readily available.
The previous owner had trouble with one of the two-speed motors ( a spring came loose inside one of them, he had it fixed then it happened again so he replaced them with the one speed model.)
Atgreene, I service the final drives every service with penzoil gear oil. we found that there was bolts that had broke inside causing the gears to come loose......etc.etc. I hear you about the smell.:throwup Finaldrive, What do you guys recommend for your oils? synthetic? Smarty, you should sell those final drives. to bad there not a 121-2
here is some pics of my wounded toy, And my operator in training
your grader looks a little out of shape!! Losing the 2 speed tracks would of been quite annoying to the previous owner I would of thought.