I have a new to me Kubota KX 121-3 that needs the fan belt replaced. It does have A/C so it looks like I need to remove and most likely replace AC belt too. I have removed fan guard, removed drivers seat and the access panel to engine compartment. Sure is tight in there.... Having a time trying to loosen the AC pump bolts. I think I am going to have to remove the alternator hoping it gives me enough wrench room to loosen AC bolts. Any one done this job before that could offer some advice? Thank you, Alan
Its tight you can do it with out removing alt but it's your call best to replace both belts at the same time
Thanks Midnightmoon, I did manage to break free the ac pump bolts without removing the alternator. I had purchased replacement fan belt from Kubota, but it was not the same number as the one I removed. The Kubota one was just too short to wring over the pulley. Had to go to auto parts store to get a touch longer belt. Replaced both belts and have all buttoned up. Alan
Excellent! How much skin did you scrape off your hands?
Ha Ha, not too bad. Only leaking from one small wound.... dinged my thumb breaking free the ac bracket bolt!
I'm pretty sure the 161 is very similar. I would lift the side panel next to the cab and remove some of the radiator shrouds and you could reach in and loosen the bolt holding the alternator and get a bar in there to adjust it. It certainly isn't a 3 min job and no matter what you will be bleeding when you're done...