Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX 91-3 problems

jonathan betts ยท 2011-10-08 20:17

Was digging today and the machine died. It was running fine. I had filled up with fuel about 2 hours prior to stalling. The machine will barley turnover then die. Could this be bad fuel? Any help would be great. I only have 1800 hours on the machine.

Replies5
  1. #1joispoi2011-10-09 07:41

    Is it getting fuel to the injectors?

  2. #2jonathan betts2011-10-09 08:24

    How do you tell this?

  3. #3joispoi2011-10-09 17:05

    Loosen an injector line and crank the engine.

  4. #4Hendrik2011-10-09 20:04

    When you say it will barely turn over, perhaps you need a new battery? Perhaps a new fuel filter or blocked fuel pick up.

  5. #5jonathan betts2011-10-09 20:15

    Blown fuse. Put a new one in and good to go. I think the original problem was water in the fuel. Probably blew the fuse trying to start the machine multiple times. Thanks for the replies!