Hello all I am working on a 121-3ss for a friend of the family. It has a locked up final drive. I took the whole assembly off and I'm having trouble taking the plate off the front(where the three drain plugs are). I called Kubota and order a service manual but it won't be in for a week. I talked to a service guy and he said there are drive pins "around the perimeter" and I need to drive them into the plate. Well, I can't find them anywhere on the round side surface or the plate itself. And the parts diagram i have is no help either. Does anyone have any experience with this that will "throw me a bone" or confirm the service mans info?
Dont know specifics on this one but there should be a small plug, about 10mm and then a wire that is pulled out that holds the thrust plate on by wrapping around it
Thanks Mike, I found a(2 actually) smaller plugs in the side. The one located further back, closer to the sprocket, revealed what appears to be disorderly balls from a bearing. Nether it nor the one closer to the thrust(Im guessing this is the correct name for what i was calling the inspection plate)of the smaller plugs had wires connected. I've tried screwing a longer bolt into the center plug hole for pressure. I think something still has it tho. Friday = an eternity.
Do not remove the balls. They hold the main bearing into the housing. The plug further towards you should have the wire in it. You will have to dig, maybe use a bright flashlight and take the track off by releasing the tension and popping the sprocket off. Do not force the cover off. You can damage the motor or bearings in the motor
Thanks Mike, Thrust plate is OFF and the planetary gears have been chewed up along with the gear in the case. Based on the diagram I have and the posts of previous folks, its looks like a whole new unit will be needed and there is no need to go deeper. Is that the right assessment? Just curious, do I remove the balls behind the other plug to gain access the other end of the case? Or is that crazy talk
The other end would be the hydraulic motor not sure what you want to pull If you look up member "finaldrive" or H&R construction parts I think they have aftermarket drives for about $2500 that size. I dont think the core is worth much. I would like to see a picture of the damage PLEASE
No problem. Ill try to send some tomorrow evening after I figure out exactly how to post a pic. And FYI I have already taken the motor off the drive and the drive off the machine for better access and what not. I know enough about motors to be dangerous. I know the gear oil was burnt slap up and I will be changing my kx1613 and investing in magnetic plugs before I turn the key again. Thanks again
Here are pics: It looks like the initial damage came from below and this was just the result. There is one piece that fell out. Ill post pic in a follow up.
I believe this came from underneath.
If you clean the case out REAL good with a brush and a magnet, debur the teeth, and stagger the broken sections on the gears you can probably get by till a new one comes in
Good tip. I think I can handle it from here. Ill let him decide what he wants to do. Many thanks.
Hi there, does anyone knows how to remove that plate from a PC75? I have a small leak coming from that plate. I tought I need to remove the drive motor to remove that plate. But reading your posts, it seems much simpler than that Thanks in advance Dany
Props on finding it. I include checking the FD's in my walk around after this problem. Can't help out on the pc75 but you are doing the right thing in repairing it now for the cost of a seal or what not. With shipping it cost me/them $3100 but it looks like a well built unit...from the outside. Good luck with it and please post any info if you can. Oh yeah. If mike don't chime back in with his insight, you should contact forum member finaldrive(I believe Mike referenced him above.) I bought my replacement from his company. He could prbly tell you.
thanks
I've been traveling and haven't had time to reply, sorry. Dany, send me your email in a private message and I'll send you the drawing and explain. You can also check my links below. (thank you for the referrals!)
I succeded Tanks a lot finaldrive. I figured It out myself. What I did I removed the ringing first. This was not easy at all. Secondly, I welded a bolt on one of the plug. Then, I screwed the modified plug on the plate and I gently pulled the plate with a hand winch. I also had to clean around the plate to clear up the paint and dirt. See pictures for visual. It was not easy. If you have an easiest way, I will be interested to know it. Thanks and hope,next time it will be easier. Dany
I'm surprised you got it off by pulling it out with one plug. On my Takeuchi I put bolts in both holes and kind of turned the cover and it came right out no problem. Pulling it straight out from an off centered plug hole probably had you just a little bit out of parallel as it was coming out. Or maybe that nasty dent in the housing was holding you up a little bit. I cleaned the crap out of mine, hosed it down, filed anything that looked like it didn't belong, and I got another year out of it.
They are a bich to remove, Pusted and i think the plate is pressed in to help keep the housing from dsistorting. i check my oil regularly.