Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kx040 only spin Seppi flail mower 5 seconds

Jflcat ยท 2024-06-16 20:55

I have purchased a seppi h3 flail mower from fella that ran on john deere 35g. I saw the mower run for about 5 minutes before I bought it. I have installed on my KX040, that has thumb and 2nd set of auxillary hyd. I first had the hoses backwards and it would not do anything. I switched hoses, now it will run for about 5 seconds then stop. I have tried it in hammer mode, which is set to full flow. Even tried in other modes too, same results. Also one way flow valve is turned under side panel. I am at a loss here.. I can press the toggle button and pressure releases from hoses, then hit button to engage, same thing. 5 second run then stops

Replies21
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-06-23 03:24

    Hi It sounds like the attachment is unloading or the relief is opening. Did you find out what the issue was?

  2. #2Jflcat2024-06-23 08:48

    No, haven't had time yet. I am going to switch it to the thumb hydraulic. I have only had the kx040 about a month. Don't know for sure if the 2nd auxillary hydraulic is the problem I know the thumb works very well( no issues yet with thumb hydraulic)

  3. #3Jflcat2024-07-27 10:49

    Still not fixed, switched lines to thumb ports ,same issue. I can run it in all auxillary modes, hammer ,thumb, and auger( all 3 have diff settings for flow) same issue. I am thinking flow issue in the seppi?

  4. #4Tones2024-07-27 15:34

    Can you take some photos of the hydraulic hoses from the machine to the hydraulic motor with some labels on them so we know what they are. Also a pic of the hyd motor where the hoses attach?

  5. #5Jflcat2024-07-27 16:18

    3/4 hose is incoming ( previous owner installed inline check valve- arrow on check valve goes with flow direction) 1/2 is return. I changed settings on hammer mode flow, all the way down to 1/4, then tried 1/2 way, 3/4 then full...no change Probably take check valve off next...

  6. #6Jflcat2024-07-27 16:19
  7. #7Jflcat2024-07-27 16:19
  8. #8Jflcat2024-07-27 16:20
  9. #9Jflcat2024-07-27 16:20
  10. #10Jflcat2024-07-27 16:23
  11. #11Jflcat2024-07-27 16:25
  12. #1292U 34062024-07-27 17:44

    Does the excavator have a timeout for the aux function? I think some machines can be setup to only allow the aux to run for a limited amount of time before kicking out.

  13. #13Kobe Steel2024-07-27 18:31

    If possible try bypassing the tank return coupling on you dipper arm or running a temporary tank return line from the hydraulic motor back into the top of your hydraulic tank, if that doesn't work then try bypassing the check valve but just ensure your flow is not reversed as the check valve is there to protect the hydraulic motor and the mower so that is not run in reverse and cause any damage to the unit. Best regards

  14. #14Jflcat2024-07-27 18:45

    I do not know of timer.... I can operate 2 ways, 1 with toggle button ( hold down then release button when want ti stop) Or 2 has button to push to engage,push again to stop rotor

  15. #15Tones2024-07-28 18:53

    IMHO it's unusual to have the larger of the 2 hoses as the feed, it should be the other way round so there's less back pressure on the motor. Also I have never seen an accumulator mounted on the motor like this but mounted on the infeed to stop pressure spiking the pump. So my question for others, is were the accumulator is mounted in fact were a case drain line should be fitted? If the answer is yes then the case drain pressure could be deadheading the motor.

  16. #16Jflcat2024-07-28 20:34

    Accumulator hasn't been moved or changed. The hoses were changed when I bought it, they were cracked/leaking. Best I remember it was big hose incoming. I will switch them this week to see if that changes anything.

  17. #17Jflcat2024-07-28 21:11

    Here is pic before replacing hoses, same location of hose diameter

  18. #18ozarkag2024-07-28 22:27

    In your post 6 the motor ports are clearly labeled. The small hose is P for pump or pressure. The large one is marked T for tank or return.

  19. #19Kobe Steel2024-07-29 08:01

    Most likely not a by directional motor so the 3/4" would be on the tank return port and the 1/2" on the pressure side. Accumulator may be for soft starting and dampening any overshoot on the relief/flow control cartridge. The external check valve could be a non-factory add on and may prevent reverse flow operation as well as setting up a 5 bar back pressure for the correct operation of the compensating flow control. The motor may also have a ant cavitation valve in its head cover but would not be effective due to the external check valve installed.

  20. #20coalrulz2024-07-29 08:24

    Is there an Arrow on the check valve? Is the arrow pointing away from the hydraulic motor?

  21. #21Jflcat2024-08-04 09:12

    Check valve was backwards......does good now. Thank you for all the help/ input!